We are a dedicated partnership of local authorities and charities who are currently working together to create an accessible and interpreted Kendal to Lancaster Towpath Trail.
‘LCRP will celebrate, promote and deliver the regeneration of the
Lancaster Canal and its communities’
Long Term Programme
‘To create a fully restored and well maintained navigable canal from Preston to Kendal’
Short Term Programme
‘To create an accessible and interpreted Kendal to Lancaster Towpath Trail’
Benefits to Local Communities
• Tourism and economic opportunities to capitalise on increased canal corridor promotion and connectivity.
• Recreation opportunities are widened and improved.
• New accessible health and wellbeing opportunities are created.
• Traffic free walking and cycle opportunities to encourage more to cycle.
Benefits to Lancaster Canal
• The ecology is further protected, conserved and enhanced.
• The built heritage is further protected, conserved and enhanced.
• Linkages to existing trail networks are defined.
• The culture of canal communities is interpreted and celebrated.
• A different additional audience is engaged to diversify and secure a sustainable future
The current focus of our work is to create a fully accessible towpath trail from Kendal to Lancaster that encourages people to explore the beautiful canal landscape through healthy walking and cycling activity, whilst learning about the environment, nature, history and heritage along the way. To find our more please visit the Towpath Trail page.
VACANCY - Partnership Chairperson
We are recruiting a new Chair for the Partnership - more info HERE
The Partnership's Terms of Reference are available to view HERE.
The Towpath Trail - how, what and why? available to view HERE.
Notes of Partnership Meetings can be found HERE.